This website is owned and operated by SRL Publishing Ltd (“SRL Publishing”, “we”, or “us”), a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 09143062. This Policy applies to data obtained by us, including through the Website, products, services, newsletters, and events.
Definitions and interpretation
|collectively all information that you submit to SRL Publishing Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website;|
Data Protection Laws
|any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
SRL Publishing Ltd, or us
|SRL Publishing Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09143062 whose registered office is at Office 47396, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US;|
UK and EU Cookie Law
|the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
User or you
|any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by SRL Publishing Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to SRL Publishing Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|the website that you are currently using, http://www.srlpublishing.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- ‘including’ is understood to mean ‘including without limitation’;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, SRL Publishing is the “data controller”. This means that SRL Publishing determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- name and addresses;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- We collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail, or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- Other information you may provide to us, such as through our website forms or newsletters feature
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- creating and managing online accounts;
- processing customer orders;
- respond to inquiries from you and third-parties
- communication of our products / services.
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed ‘Your rights’ below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Our websites/apps/emails will not include third-parties advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. SRL Publishing does not engage with any third party advertising network to advertise their products or services via the Website.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Inactive accounts – Accounts that have not placed an order or not logged in will be deleted after 2 years.
- Pending Orders – Orders that have ‘pending’ status (Where cheque and bank transfer have been selected but abandoned) will be deleted after 28 days.
- Cancelled Orders – Orders that have been cancelled by either You or Us will be deleted after 28 days.
- Completed Orders – Orders that have completed will be kept by Us for 12 months, after which personal data will be anonymised. This is due to our pre-order titles where we need the customers Data to process their order once the purchased title is released.
- Submissions – If you are a writer, and you have submitted your book to us, the only information we collect and store is your name, address and contact details alongside your submitted materials. If we decide to pass on your manuscript, then your data will be deleted instantly. If you are in discussions with SRL Publishing, and you decide to withdraw your application before signing a contract, then your data will be removed instantly from when given notice of withdrawal.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is always protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling SRL Publishing Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.